Sunday, August 3, 2014

Franklin Falls

Good evening!
We are winding down on this fine Sunday after a lovely weekend, hopefully you are doing the same! Trav and I have both been traveling for work over the last couple of weeks, so it has been nice to spend a weekend at home together. 

We both had great trips though, I went to Ohio and Trav was back in Oregon on a job site. I had the odd experience of flying through Minneapolis/St. Paul on my way to Ohio. It felt very strange to just pass through what has always been home. It was nice to have some familiarity at the airport though! I even saw one of my former coworkers from Target on the flight back, small world. Being in the field has been a great experience for Trav since he gets to see his work in action. If I didn't know any better I'd think spending the entire week away from me was enjoyable or something :) 

I can't help post this shot of him at work all suited up in his construction gear...


His work outfit is in sharp contrast to the getup he decided to try out at Target this weekend...we both love TMNT so we just couldn't help it. Also, it's a rare occasion when you find footie pajamas in a big enough size to fit this tall drink of water. 



We enjoyed a wonderful hike today during the gorgeous Seattle summer weather at Franklin Falls. I had heard great reviews for this trail since it's relatively easy and has a great up close and personal view of a large waterfall at the end. We really enjoyed it and it was nice to have a quick and easy hike that was less than an hour outside of the city. This will be a great place to bring our many upcoming visitors during August/September to share the amazing outdoor environment in Washington. 

Part of me wanted to dive right into the crystal clear pool at the bottom of the falls, especially since several ambitious dogs were showing me how great it looked. We didn't jump in, but had a nice stop for lunch before heading back down the trail. 













Not much else to report this week. Just gearing up for a wonderful little vacation next weekend to Vancouver, BC. Trav has planned an entire weekend of fun for my birthday with an "adrenaline rush surprise" that he will not share details on. I am a bit nervous since he has been wanting to go skydiving for a while now. I'm really hoping that this birthday isn't my last...falling out of a plane wasn't on my wish list : ) I do love surprises though so I can't wait to see what's in store! You'll have to check back next week to see what we did. 

Cheers!
KP


No comments:

Post a Comment