Monday, June 16, 2014

5 Wonderful Years

Hello and Happy Monday!
Today will be a short update since this weekend was quiet and I have a real doozy of a headache today, ugh! First of all, a belated Father's day shout out to all the Dads out there...especially ours! Jim Engstrom, Tom Peterson and Jack Biersdorf, thanks for all of your love and support, we'd be lost without you!

Last Friday we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary, yay! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone! It's crazy to think that all of this started when we were just 12 years old in a middle school classroom. I clearly never thought I'd be marrying the guy with the bowl cut sitting next to me in Science class : ) But I'm sure glad I did! 

Celebrating our five years together felt especially important this year because I honestly don't think we could have taken this leap of faith and moved to Seattle without complete and utter trust in each other. It was a bit of a risk not knowing how things would turn out, but knowing that I had my best friend with me everyday by my side is what gave me the confidence to pursue a new chapter in my career and leave our friends and family. Since Travis and I have been together since we were kids, I really mean it when I say I can't imagine my life without him. Long before he was my husband he was a part of our family and my closest friend. Lucky for us we both got a bit cuter as the years went by (no more braces, white eyeliner, curly bangs, bowl cut, etc.). 

To celebrate our anniversary we got all dressed up and went out for dinner at Palisade, a nice restaurant on the water in Seattle. Travis enjoyed a cedar plank salmon while I enjoyed a nice steak (I am clearly my carnivorous father's daughter). Trav bought me some beautiful flowers from the market too! Here are a few shots from dinner:







The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. We both had crazy work weeks last week so we were looking forward to the first weekend in Seattle where we really had no plans. We didn't even do our normal weekend hiking routine. Instead, we had a nice breakfast Saturday morning and then enjoyed walking by a Classic Wooden Boat Show on the waterfront. Dad, you would have loved seeing these, they were so cool! The entire marina was full of beautiful wooden boats. 


The only other eventful thing to note is that we are going to be moving into a new apartment (again) in July! The one we are currently in has been VERY noisy. We were hoping to move up to a top floor unit in our building but it is not going to be available, so we are transferring to another building a mile up the street. Since it's the same management company we don't have to break our lease so it will be easy. It's much larger than our current apartment and will be a lot quieter. Overall it feels like a much better spot for us, we are looking forward to it (except the moving part). Let the packing begin...again : (

Not too much else to report. Here are a few other random photos from the weekend. Some delicious red velvet ice cream I enjoyed on Sunday, and a few cute felines : ) Oh and don't forget the cruise ships that are constantly outside our front door taunting me...I just want to jump off the end of the pier and climb onboard. 




I guess that wasn't very short after all...most of you know I'm not usually at a loss for words : ) Hope everyone is having a great week!
Cheers!
KP

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kasey! Happy Anniversary to both you and Travis! Love all the photos and it sounds like you've made the right choice in deciding to move - hope it all goes smoothly! ♥

    ReplyDelete